The Grab Bag III
This is the latest in ATPM’s series of Trivia Challenges. Answers to this month’s Trivia Challenge will be found in the next issue of ATPM. If you have any suggestions for future Trivia Challenges, or wish to comment about almost anything, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to congratulate the winners of last month’s Trivia Challenge 5.06 —Star Trek Stars: First Place went to Kevin Barton and Second Place goes to Gregory Hersh. They each won an ATPM t-shirt!
This month’s prize is the fabulous new ATPM t-shirt! The ultra-cool, 100% cotton t-shirt emblazoned with the ATPM logo on the front and our Logo and Motto on the back goes to the first two correct entries I receive. Send your answers to: email@example.com. All readers are eligible to win once every 12 months.
This month test your skill with a potpourri of subjects as you take part in:
Trivia Challenge 5.07: The Grab Bag III
1. How many bones are there in a cat’s body?
A. 206 B. 220
C. 244 D. 232
2. Who is Stargate SG-1’s friendly Ja’fa?
A. Khim’tar B. Teal’c
C. Z’or D. Neelix
3. Who programmed the game “Apeiron” for Ambrosia Software?
A. Andrew Welch B. Arlo Rose
C. Floyd Minter C. John Norstaad
4. What horse last won the Triple Crown?
A. Sunday Silence A. Alydar
C. Secretariat D. Affirmed
5. Who is Shmi’s grandson?
A. Anakin B. Luke
C. Mace D. Han
6. Troops from what country were the first peacekeeping
force to enter Kosovo?
A. Great Britain B. France
C. Italy D. Russia
7. The Texas-Oklahoma border is mostly defined by what feature?
A. The Red River B. The Rio Grande
C. The 54th Parallel D. The Natoches Mountains
8. The Box Tops and Big Star shared what lead singer?
A. Nick Lowe B. Evan Dando
C. Alex Chilton D. Phil Collins
9. What are the inhabitants of Monaco called?
A. The Monacans B. Monagasques
B. Monacoans D. The Monacoers
10. Who is Superman’s father?
A. Jor-el B. Kal-el
C. Dumar C. Da’an
11. SETI@Home work units are approximately what size?
A. 500K B. 1MB
C. 150K D. 350K
12. In what year was the Lincoln Memorial dedicated?
A. 1917 B. 1922
C. 1912 D. 1925
13. Whose voice was featured in Apple’s first four “Think Different”
A. Jim Henson B. Jeff Goldblum
C. Richard Dreyfuss D. James Sloyan
14. Who hit “The shot heard ’round the world”?
A. Sammy Sosa B. Mark McGwire
C. Arnold Palmer D. Robby Thompson
15. What TV network first aired “The Pirates Of Silicon Valley”?
A. ABC B. TNN
C. TNT D. TLC
Each question has only one correct answer. The answers are stored in a hermetically sealed envelope guarded by a fierce Lhasa Apso named “Hammerli” who lives in our house.
Last Month’s Answers 5.06—Star Trek Stars
1. Who was Captain Kirk’s Yeoman? E. Janice Rand
2. Who was the youngest Captain H. James T. Kirk
ever to command a Starship?
3. Who was the Helmsman of The O. Hikaru Sulu
Enterprise, and later Captain
of The Excelsior?
4. Who is the Enterprise’s B. Uhura
5. What Star Trek cast member M. Leonard Nimoy
directed the movie “Three Men
and a Baby”?
6. Kirstie Alley played this Vulcan G. Lt. Saavik
in “The Wrath Of Khan.”
7. Exposure to Delta-rays disfigured A. Christopher Pike
and crippled this former Captain.
8. Who supplies the voice for The K. Majel Barrett
9. Who was found in suspended C. Khan Noonien Singh
animation on the S.S. Botany Bay?
10. What TV star played social worker N. Joan Collins
11. Who is Spock’s father? L. Sarek
12. What doctor invented the M-5 J. Richard Daystrom
13. Who discovered warp drive? F. Zefram Cochrane
14. Who wrote the famous episode I. David Gerrold
“The Trouble With Tribbles”?
15. What time-traveller is immune D. Gary Seven
to the Vulcan Neck Pinch?
This Month’s CD Recommendation
“Robbie Robertson” by Robbie Robertson—the ex-Band member makes a “Desert Island Top 20”! Intricate rhythms, outstanding musicianship, and thought-provoking lyrics. An absolute must-have!
Also in This Series
- Answers to “Fun With Numbers” · February 2001
- Fun With Numbers · January 2001
- Match-up Madness · December 2000
- VPs if You Please · November 2000
- TV Times · October 2000
- Crack The Code · September 2000
- Sibling Search · August 2000
- Sports Shorts · July 2000
- Didn’t I Know You When? · June 2000
- Complete Archive