Welcome to the May ATPM Trivia Challenge! This month’s cryptic challenge is all about Macs—software, hardware, and everything in between. We also have our largest prize pool ever!
First Prize this month is a copy of Adobe’s fabulous new GoLive 4.0—the premier Web creation software package!
Second prize is my Favorite Album of All Time! We also have Mac books, music CDs, Star Trek books and Star Trek collectibles for other winners to choose from.
If any shareware authors, software or hardware companies or vendors, or on-line sellers that would like to donate prizes for future Trivia Challenges, please contact me at email@example.com. You will be credited in this opening message.
There are a few special rules for this month only:
- The 5.05 Trivia Challenge contest will be open to anyone (except ATPM staff and
contributors) for a period of 3 weeks after the initial posting on our Web site
http://www.atpm.com to allow almost everyone a chance to participate.
- After solving the Trivia Challenge, a secret message will be revealed within the
answers. Send an e-mail with your answers, using the secret message as the
subject line of the e-mail, to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners will be chosen from completed, correct entries that also solve the secret
message. The first and second prize winners will be notified, and then other
winners will be allowed to choose from the prize pool in the order that the entries
were received until the prizes are gone. Since the prizes are provided by me, I
retain the sole right to award them according to the rules set forth above. No other
member of ATPM will be involved with, or responsible for, prize distribution. All
questions should be directed to me at email@example.com.
- This is purely for fun. Please don’t ruin it for me and other readers by getting too picky about the setup or running of this contest. It’s only for fun!
5. To solve the Trivia Challenge, match the question on the left with the correct answer on the right. There are more answers than questions, so be careful as you take part in:
Trivia Challenge 5.05: Mac Mysteries
1. What Mac friend wrote “The Hitch A. John Sculley Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy”? 2. Who is the author of the ATPM B. Greg Landweber column “Apple Cider”? 3. Who is the creator of C. Ramon M. Feliciano HyperCard? 4. Who founded the company D. Allegro Connectix Corp.? 5. What is the code name for the E. Douglas Adams 20th Anniversary Mac? 6. Who became the President and F. Veronica CEO of Apple on April 8, 1983? 7. Who left Apple to found the G. Steve Wozniak company Be, Inc.? 8. What is the nickname for H. Mike Scott Netscape Navigator? 9. Who named a computer after his I. William Atkinson daughter, Lisa? 10. What was the code name for J. John Garber Appleshare 3.0? 11. Who directed Apple’s famous 1984 K. Owen Linzmayer Super Bowl commercial? 12. Who created the popular Mercutio L. David Pogue MDEF? 13. Who is the author of “The Mac M. Steve Jobs Bathroom Reader”? 14. Who designed the “Blue Apple N. Mike Shields Icons” for ATPM? 15. What was the development name O. Ridley Scott for Mac OS 8.5? 16. Who was the first president P. Mozilla of Apple Computer, Inc.? 17. What is another name for the Q. Tom Iovino IEEE 1394 technology? 18. In 1967, who wrote his thesis on R. Killer Rabbit the “Quick-Draw Graphics System”? 19. What is the code name for the S. Marc Robinson new Mac OS 8.6? 20. Who, with Arlo Rose, authored T. Jean-Louis Gassée the fabulous “Kaleidoscope”? U. Spartacus V. Firewire W. Jef Raskin
Each question has only one correct answer. The answers are stored in a hermetically sealed envelope guarded by a fierce Lhasa Apso named “Hammerli” who lives in our house.
1. Something To Talk About F. Bonnie Raitt 2. One Fine Day G. The Chiffons 3. Stand By Me H. Ben E. King 4. Pretty Woman J. Roy Orbison 5. Sixteen Candles I. The Crests 6. Peggy Sue Got Married E. Buddy Holly 7. Can’t Buy Me Love C. The Beatles 8. Jumpin’ Jack Flash B. The Rolling Stones 9. Girls Just Want To Have Fun K. Cindi Lauper 10. Addicted To Love L. Robert Palmer 11. Liar, Liar D. The Castaways 12. My Girl A. The Temptations
“Miracle” by Willy Deville—one of the best voices in rock that you’ve probably never heard. Produced by Mark Knopfler, this album is a must for Dire Straits fans!
Copyright © 1999 Edward Goss, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in This Series
- Answers to “Fun With Numbers” · February 2001
- Fun With Numbers · January 2001
- Match-up Madness · December 2000
- VPs if You Please · November 2000
- TV Times · October 2000
- Crack The Code · September 2000
- Sibling Search · August 2000
- Sports Shorts · July 2000
- Didn’t I Know You When? · June 2000
- Complete Archive