Side-by-Side iMac Demo
With the launch of the iMac any day now, I'm sure that Apple has an ad campaign lined up. In fact I remember hearing someone at Apple saying that they do. Well, with all modesty, I can say that I have thought up the best campaign they should launch. Well, maybe not the best, but I, at least think it's pretty good.
Apple's "up to twice as fast" ads have certainly been very successful, and many PC users have seen them, but I get the impression that they do not wholly believe them. The "up to" sounds rather suspicious. I think Apple could do an advert for the iMac and at the same time prove its claims. They should have a side-by-side demonstration of a top spec PC and the iMac competing at some complex task. The iMac would of course beat the PC. Then Dreyfuss would tell the viewer the prices of both machines (the PC would cost something like $4499.) Personally, I think that ad would help iMac sales to no end.
Also in This Series
- Hello Again · September 1998
- Side-by-Side iMac Demo · August 1998
- Think Different Misses the Mark · April 1998
- Wishful Thinking · August 1997
- Wishful Thinking · July 1997
- Wishful Thinking · June 1997
- Wishful Thinking · March 1997
- Wishful Thinking · February 1997
- Wishful Thinking · January 1997
- Complete Archive