The Grab Bag
This is the latest in ATPM’s series of Trivia Challenges. Answers to this month’s Trivia Challenge will be found in the next issue of ATPM. If you have any suggestions for future Trivia Challenges, or wish to comment about almost anything, please e-mail me at
This month’s Trivia Challenge is a grab-bag of questions to stir your investigative spirit. You might have to do some checking around to find some of the answers. The ATPM trivia questions’ answers can be found by searching the “Back Issues” area of the ATPM Website. http://www.atpm.com/Back The first reader to e-mail me the correct answers to all 10 questions will receive their choice of a System 8 CD (easily upgraded to System 8.1) or an “Alley 19" bowling game. The second set of correct answers will receive the other prize. So take part in:
Trivia Challenge 4.09: The Grab Bag
1. He might say “Whoa, Nellie!” after an exciting touchdown play.
|A. Frank Gifford||B. Vin Scully|
|C. Keith Jackson||D. Lindsey Nelson|
2. If you are standing on “The Grassy Knoll,” where are you?
|A. Arlington||B. Austin|
|C. Gettysburg||D. Dallas|
3. Where did Butch and Sundance meet their fate?
|A. Bolivia||B. Durango|
|C. Dodge City||D. Las Cruzas|
4. Who invented the “Opti-Grab”?
|A. Thomas Edison||B. Eli Whitney|
|C. Ford Prefect||D. Navin Johnson|
5. How many US. Astronauts have walked on the Moon?
|A. 7||B. 12|
|C. 14||D. 10|
6. In 1866, what was the first state to be re-admitted to the Union after the Civil War?
|A. Tennessee||B. Georgia|
|C. Texas||D. North Carolina|
7. What NASCAR driver won the inaugural “Brickyard 400"?
|A. Dale Jarrett||B. Mark Martin|
|C. Jeff Gordon||D. Dale Earnhardt|
8. What was the first “Official” issue of ATPM that was a Michael Tsai/Robert Paul Leitao production?
|A. Jan 97 - 3.01||B. Oct 96 - 2.10|
|C. June 95 - 1.03||D. June 96 - 2.06|
9. What was the first issue of ATPM to be hosted at http://www.atpm.com?
|A. Feb 97 - 3.02||B. Jan 98 - 4.01|
|C. June 97 - 3.06||D. Sept 95 - 1.06|
10. Who would not give up her seat on the bus?
|A. Louise Washington||B. Ruby Fox|
|C. Dorothy Johnson||D. Rosa Parks|
11. Bonus Question—This doesn’t count toward the prize; I’m just interested in
what you think: Who’s TV show is the biggest waste of TV air time?
|A. Jerry Springer||B. Judge Judy|
|C. Sally Jessy Raphael||D. Jenny Jones|
Each question has only one correct answer. The answers are stored in a hermetically sealed envelope guarded by a fierce Lhasa Apso named “Hammerli” who lives in our house.
|1. Arizona||F. But It’s Dry Heat!|
|2. Colorado||G. If You Don’t Ski, Don’t Bother|
|3. Connecticut||K. Just Like Massachusetts, Only Higher Taxes|
|4. Florida||J. Ask Us About Our Grandchildren|
|5. Idaho||C. More Than Just Potatoes...Well, Maybe Not|
|6. Illinois||A. Please Don’t Pronounce The “s”|
|7. Indiana||M. 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free!|
|8. Kansas||I. First Of The Rectangle States!|
|9. Maine||N. Really Cold, But The Lobster Is Cheap|
|10. Michigan||O. First Line Of Defense Against The Canadians|
|11. Minnesota||H. 10,000 Lakes-10,000,000,000 Mosquitoes|
|12. Oklahoma||E. Like The Play, Only No Singing|
|13. Pennsylvania||B. Cook With Coal|
|14. Rhode Island||L. We’re Really Not An Island|
|15. Wyoming||D. WyNot?|
“Pay Before You Pump” by Al Anderson—Imprint IMPCD 10004
Also in This Series
- Answers to “Fun With Numbers” · February 2001
- Fun With Numbers · January 2001
- Match-up Madness · December 2000
- VPs if You Please · November 2000
- TV Times · October 2000
- Crack The Code · September 2000
- Sibling Search · August 2000
- Sports Shorts · July 2000
- Didn’t I Know You When? · June 2000
- Complete Archive