On a Clear Day, You Can See the Hollywood Sign
It’s official. I’m Batman.
I have a new e-mail address, and God willing, I’ll be able to pay for it. The new eAddy is, email@example.com. And with a new e-mail address, comes new responsibilities. More on those in a moment, but first, a word from our sponsor.
Actually, it was the fine folks at Chiat/Day, for the first Think Different commercial. Of course, my feelings on this are still the same, but it may give the other naysayers something to ponder. To review, I still believe Apple’s slogan should be, “Get a Mac.” And I’m still wondering how all these various people that didn’t use a Mac, should convince you to buy one. I like the new iMac ad, though.
As I mentioned before, I’ve been asked to change my focus by my esteemed editors, Michael and Rob. They want me to focus on the Entertainment Industry, and the Mac’s role in it. I can do that.
I believe the reason this has come to pass, is that I won’t be at Ray-O-Hac too much longer, as evidenced by last month’s column. So, in the coming months—Ok, next month—(I don’t know what I’ll be talking about after that) will come a review of QuickTime, and how it’s being used in various places around Hollywood and beyond. The name of the column will remain the same, to protect overworked graphics designers from having heart attacks.
Wish me luck.
72 and hazy in El Segundo.
e Ya next month.
Also in This Series
- First and Last · May 2012
- Without Him, You Wouldn’t Be Reading This · November 2011
- My Dad’s Got a Barn. Let’s Put on a Show! · December 2008
- Did You See the Super Bowl? · March 2004
- Rupert Murdoch Owns a Mac · June 2003
- Everyone Has a Black Jetta · February 2003
- There’s No “There,” There · October 2002
- When Is It OK to Yell “Fire” in a Crowded Theater? · June 2002
- I’m Not Happy · March 2002
- Complete Archive